Head of Internal Audit Strategy & Operations @ Commercial Bank
An audit professional with a solid foundation in analytical and problem-solving skills. A methodical and goal oriented individual with more than 13 years experience in diverse industries. Capable of leading a team for achieving strategic organizational objectives. Ability to communicate fluently in English and Arabic with a desire to excel. Excellent report writing skills in both English and Arabic to higher level management and ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
Overall Career Achievement:
Led more than 70 different audits on different units, departments, products and activities with their higher management reports throughout my 13+ years experience.
– Reviewed more than 50 Policies & Procedures submitted for review by various departments in Barwa Bank.
– Recommended several process improvements for inclusion as well as help other departments to implement the controls required in order to achieve the overall objectives.
– Key member of the core team which established the internal audit function in Barwa Bank.
– Drafted the organization structure, reporting lines and job descriptions.
– Drafted the Internal Audit Frame work and Audit Charter. Drafted all the policies required like Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, Conflict of Interests, Risk Based Audit Planning, Relationship with external auditors and regulatory bodies, Retention policy.
– Drafted all the procedures required like Audit Planning, Conducting Audits, Working Paper Documentation & Review, Reporting observations to Board of Directors, Monitoring & Follow up, Time Management & Reporting, and Disposal of audit files.
– Created templates required through an audit project.